Thursday, December 6, 2007

tucker the pirate

I was at work, a friend called me and told me bram had died. I called kari and she confirmed it. I was in a state of disbelief , we all were, and still are. A few friends met at a bar, had some drinks, smoked a few, and I went home. This was the first time in my life Someone this close to me had died, Bram and I lost touch for a few years, as what happens in life, we started talking again last summer, when he got that kickass job looking at boobs. I was sick when he came home in august, I only saw him for a brief moment, he showed me a picture of michelle, and as he always called her his beautiful wife, he loved you so much, and a picture of his pirate outfit.
anyway The program from the funeral had a picture of the pirate outfit, Jen and I returned home and Tucker saw the picture, gave me a big hug and he asked me if I was sad because I had been crying, I said yes, because my friend died, and tucker said "your friend the pirate," I relized that I had the program in my hand and he noticed the picture, kids are very smart if you dont have one maybe you should get one. Tucker told me that he would be my pirate friend now so I would'nt be sad. Since then that day my little tuke, has become a pirate. Any of you who knew Brammy and have kids, I believe at one point bram will somehow in some weird way affect them, as he did us. I miss him.

4 comments:

kari said...

it makes abbey too sad to say that she has to take a "grumper" when she goes to the bathroom now. she misses him too. i'm so, SO glad that she knew him, that he was the one she learned to growl from. it's so hard. but i think that even the little boy that is living inside of my abdomen now has been affected by bram, i really do.

Jason said...

Joseph,

Glad to see you are bloggin'. Yeah, I miss Bram very much, and think about him everyday. I have a clown picture that Bram painted in high school hanging up in our family room, and my son asked me who that was. I said well that's a clown and it was painted by my friend Bram. And when he said Bram's name, I about lost it. My son never got to meet Bram, but to hear him say his name was very cool. I miss that guy...

Kirk R said...

my daughter saw me crying for the first time at Subway sandwhiches...the James Taylor song came on "I've seen fire and i've seen rain..." and for some reason I just began to bawl.

She wasn't embarrassed, but definitely confused. She's 5. I told her the situation with Bram, and how he was a "very dear friend of daddy's" and she said, "well, you don't have to cry..."

I told her "it's okay to cry sometimes, even big kids do it..."

She replied, "well, if you talk about him you won't be sad!"

So, I encourage you ALL to keep the thought of this little gal in mind! Sharing our stories of Bram...sharing at all...keeping him alive in spirit...like she said, nurtures us all.

Kirk

luckys said...

gta 5 apk
Sounds like you had a lovely visit with your children. Didn't they take a wonderful family picture